Can I get an item from another location at my library?
You can request most items in our catalog to be sent to the location of your choice. You will be contacted by phone or email once your item is ready to be picked up.
The book I want is checked out. How do I request a copy?
You can request materials in-person at any location, by phone, or through our online catalog. You can also use one of our mobile apps.
How will I know when the item is ready to be picked up?
You will be notified by phone or email when the item is available.
How do I change the way I am notified when my hold is ready?
To change your notification preference, please visit the circulation Desk at any MCMLS location.
How do I request items online?
- Search for the item in the catalog search box at the top of the home page.
- When you see the item you want to request, click "Place Hold" to the right of the item.
- Enter your library card number and PIN and click "Log In."
- Select your preferred pick-up location, then click "Place Hold."
- Click OK.
How many holds can I have?
You can have a maximum of 10 requests/holds on your account at one time.
How do I know what my place is in the hold queue?
When logged in to your online account, your place in the hold queue is noted to the right of the item.
How can I suspend my hold?
- Log into your account.
- Go to the "Holds" tab.
- Check the box next to the item(s) that you want to suspend.
- Select "Edit/Suspend Hold(s)".
- Enter the start date.
- Enter the end date and click "Suspend."
- The suspension will automatically end on your specified date, but you can also unsuspend the hold at any time.
If you have any questions, please call 936-539-7814.