Can I get an item from another location at my library?
Yes, you can request any item in our catalog to be sent to the location of your choice. The item will be on hold for you at that location for up to 7 days.
The book I want is always checked out. How do I request a copy?
You can request materials in-person at any location, by phone, or through your online account. You can use the catalog search box at the top of the page, or you can use one of our mobile apps for accessing our catalog.
How will I know when the item is ready to pick up?
You will be notified by phone or email when the item is available.
How do I change the way I am notified my hold is ready?
To change your notification preference, please visit the Circulation Desk at any MCMLS location.
How do I request items online?
- Search for the item in the catalog search box at the top of the page.
- When you see the item you want to request, click "Place Hold" next to the item.
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Select your preferred pick-up location, then click "OK".
How many holds can I have?
You can have a maximum of 10 requests/holds on your account at one time.
How do I request a DVD series that has several different discs?
If a DVD series has several discs, you will need to place a separate hold on each disc. When clicking "Place Hold", you will be prompted to select a disc to complete the request. Repeat the process to request the other disc(s). DVD series are separated in this way to help those waiting in line get the items more quickly.
How do I know what my place is in the hold queue?
When logged in to your online account, your place in the hold queue is listed next to each title in the "Holds" tab.
Can I control when my hold comes in?
There is no way to know when a hold will become available to you. However, you can "Suspend" a hold so it does not become available when you know you will not be able to pick it up.
- Go to the catalog and log into your account.
- Go to your "Checkouts" tab.
- Click the checkbox of the item(s) you want to suspend.
- Click "Suspend Hold(s)".
- Specify the start and end date of your desired suspension period and click "Suspend".
- The suspension will automatically end on your specified date, but you can also end unsuspend the hold at any time.
If you have any other questions, please call 936-539-7814.