Fines & Fees
My book is overdue. How much is my fine?
Fines are $0.10 per day, per item, including InterLibrary Loans.
Can I pay my fines with a credit card?
Credit and debit cards are not accepted. All locations accept cash or check. Checks may be used if the amount is at least $2.00.
I lost a book. What do I owe?
The charge for a lost book depends on the price of the item, but a $5.00 processing fee is added for all lost or damaged items. If you are interested in replacing the lost item instead of paying the full fee, please visit the location where you checked out the item.
Can my borrowing privileges ever be blocked?
Borrowing priviliges are suspended once fines reach or exceed $25.00.
I paid for a lost item but just found it. Can I get a refund?
A refund can be issued, however the following conditions apply:
- You must have both the item and the white copy of the Official Receipt showing it was paid for.
- Materials (excluding AV) must be returned within 90 days of the date on the Official Receipt.
- AV materials and associated items (such as cases, bags, pockets, etc.) must be returned within 14 days of the date on the Official Receipt.
- The $5.00 processing fee is non-refundable.
- If you paid by check, a refund cannot be given until 4 weeks after the date on the Official Receipt.
- If you paid by check, a Refund Request form must be submitted to the County Auditor for reimbursement.
- It may take 6 - 8 weeks to receive your refund check. Your check will be mailed to you at the address noted on the Refund Request Form.
If you have any other questions, please call 936-539-7814.