Borrow & Renew Materials
Borrow & Return
How many items can I have checked out at the same time?
You may have up to 30 items checked out. This can be a combination of books, audiobooks, CDs, and DVDs.
How long can I keep my items?
All materials have a checkout period of 2 weeks.
How many DVDs and/or Blurays can I check out?
DVDs and/or Blurays (in any combination) are limited to a total of 10.
How many audiobooks and/or CDs can I have out at once?
Audiobooks and/or CDs (in any combination) are limited to a total of 10.
Can I return materials to any Montgomery County library?
Yes, you may return materials to any MCMLS location. Night drops are available at all locations for after-hours returns.
Can I renew the items I have checked out?
Items can be renewed if they are not requested by another patron.
How long can I renew my materials?
Items can be renewed for an additional 2 weeks. After renewing, your new due date will be 2 weeks from the previous due date.
How many times can I renew?
You can renew 2 times after checking out.
Can I renew my items when I check them out?
Yes, materials may be renewed from home online on the day of checkout.
How can I renew items?
You can renew in person at any branch, by phone at 936-539-7814, or through your online account. You can use the Checkouts links under My Account on the top menu, or you can use one of our mobile apps for managing your library account.
How do I renew online?
- Click the book icon at the top of the page to get to our catalog.
- Select My Account on the top of the catalog home page.
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- You will see Personal Information (which includes changing your PIN and your account preferences), Checkouts, Holds, and Fines.
- Click on Checkouts.
- Click the checkbox of the item(s) you want to renew.
- Click the Renew button on the bottom of the page. If the items cannot be renewed, a message will appear.
If you have any other questions, please call 936-539-7814.